1 Oct 2019
Unless you are a recent entrant to the world of computers, this is possibly a question you’ve asked yourself before. After all, if your computer system does not function effectively, you may have a solid instinct to throw it out and also go get another one however maintain wondering if it is worth taking care of. This write-up is meant to help you make a decision which of these courses you should take to obtain a COMPUTER up and running so you can deal with your job or play.
You might be thinking that considering that this is a computer repair service technician composing this write-up, I’m mosting likely to tell you that in virtually every instance, you need to repair your computer instead of obtain a new one. Not so. Equally as there are a host of factors to repair your computer system, there are a lot of factors to acquire a brand-new one rather.
Although the expenses of customer computers are no place near the prices of brand-new cars and trucks, those of you that have actually had to determine whether to fix an older auto or get a new one may locate it useful to consider that process due to the fact that it is comparable. I would suggest you to make two columns and create the factor to acquire or fix in the proper column.
If you think it through this way, you will certainly find yourself pertaining to a reasoned and sensible conclusion. Also keep in mind that if another person has your very same PC design and also the very same trouble, what he or she determines does not make their decision helpful for you. Remember that there is not a right or wrong solution, only the most effective answer for you. While this write-up as well as others can aid your decision procedure, the most effective answer for you is something just you can choose. Be wary of individuals that are certain that they understand what you require.
Allow’s check out some reasons to fix your existing computer system:
– Spending plan – Although the added cost can be worth it, acquiring a brand-new COMPUTER is USUALLY much more expensive than repairing your present computer. If you get on a limited budget plan or are just an economical individual, fixing most troubles may be best for you.
– Information – This second reason is related to the budget item. Whichever course you choose to take, you can (normally) maintain your photos, files, songs, e-mails, service data, as well as vital individual info. It is less complicated, though, if you are maintaining your computer system because if you obtain a new PC, you will need to pay someone to move that information to a new PC. A lot of you can do this without problem however not everyone can. Additionally, if your COMPUTER will not boot to Windows and also the information has to be extracted from the computer system, a lot of you will need someone to obtain the data off the hard disk, which indicates you will certainly be paying both for a brand-new computer plus a service fee to a computer specialist.
– Applications – If you obtain a brand-new computer system, you will certainly also need to reinstall every one of your applications. Some can be downloaded and install, like iTunes or Adobe Acrobat Reader. Any kind of that you paid for, such as Microsoft Office, however, will likely get on CD/DVD. They need to be mounted from this media, in addition to the item key that came with them. My experience has actually been that both arranged as well as unorganized people tend to shed application CDs, especially if they have had their computer for numerous years. Before getting a new computer system, collect all your application installation CDs and make sure you have a disc for all the applications you make use of. You may be able to avoid this procedure as well as have all your applications as they were if you obtain your computer taken care of. Nevertheless, it should be noted that if the recommended fix to your existing PC is to re-install Windows, this issue is moot because every one of your applications will have to be installed on a brand-new Windows setup, just as on a brand-new COMPUTER.
– Upgrades – If your computer system is just a little slow or can not do a certain point, you can normally update the RAM or video card, or the aforementioned USB 3.0 card far more cheaply than you can purchase a brand-new COMPUTER.
– Windows 8 – Have you made use of or seen Windows 8 or 8.1? If you obtain a new computer system, it will have Windows 8.1 on it. This is important due to the fact that for all its pros and cons (and also I do not want to engage those questions below) numerous, lots of people find it awkward and a substantial separation from the interface of Windows 7 as well as earlier versions. Like anything else, you would possibly get made use of to it, regardless of just how much you dislike it, but if it isn’t user-friendly to you, why get an equipment that comes with it? Windows 7 can be placed on brand-new computer systems after purchase by computer system professionals if you purchase a copy online. However once more, you would be paying more-this time for a new computer, plus a legitimate duplicate of Windows 7, plus the expense of a service specialist to set up Windows 7 on the computer.
– “Right Fit” – Buying something brand-new is typically viewed as “sexier” than keeping or repairing something utilized. So, if none of the factors over grab you, consider this. If you enjoyed with your computer system prior to it required to be fixed-happy with its rate, memory, accessories, capacities as well as performance, it is most likely that computer is the “Right Fit” for you. Why get another computer when you can probably spend less and get to keep something that fits you?
Now, let’s take a look at some of the reasons to replace your broken computer rather than fix it:
– Age – Although there is no specific age at which retirement and replacement kicks in, most people know it when they see it. If your computer was slow even when in tip top shape, that’s probably a clue you need to go to the computer store.
– Antiquated Accessories – If your PC has a factory-installed floppy disk drive or has a CD but no DVD drive, it is probably time to think about a new PC. Many people want fast peripherals through a USB 3.0 port. If you have a desktop, you can easily get a card installed, so I wouldn’t consider this alone a reason to trash the old PC, but if you’re keeping score, I would mark it in the buy column.
– Major Hardware Damage-If you spilled a Coke or such in the computer, ruining its motherboard, I would not invest in a repair.
– The Laugh Factor – Although I have never laughed at my customers, I have, on occasion, laughed at a machine that is brought in. Why? Because it is so old, so full of dust and cigarette smoke, so slow, that it is almost a joke that someone is actually paying me to fix this computer. If this is your computer, there’s nothing to be embarrassed about but if you don’t already know, deep down, that you need a new computer then take that message from this article. If you decide not to fix it or you just keep your computers for a long time, make sure they inside is cleaned our regularly, whether you do it yourself or bring it in for a cleaning. That dust and smoke residue doesn’t just look bad, it can overheat your computer and cause its death.